Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

91413 Posts in 6440 Topics- by 1293 Members - Latest Member: Peter Huskisson 75
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A tribute to Mr Morales  (Read 684 times)
Dale Hoebel 75

anaheim hills, ca

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2016, 09:02:12 PM »

I would have posted this in the memorial section, but there is no post a new message link, so I am posting it here.  Mr. Morales will always be a part of my life for numerous reasons, but one most of all, football.  There wasnt a lot of things that I was successful at during my fresman year, or any other year while I went to ElDO, but Freshman football was one.  I had never played organized tackle football, but I did have some atheletic skill that allowed me to end up as third string quarterback.  Before the season, Bob Farrah was drafted to the sophmores, and the second string quarter back, Todd Kirschener broke his arm in a scrimmage againt Sunny Hills.  Thus I ended up first string quarterback.  Morales worked me, pushed me, took individual time with me, and told me, "Dale, I know you can do this.  You are intelligent, you are quick, and you are clever!  I am sure no coach wants to start a season with a third string quarterback, but we went on to become Orange league Champs.  He probably never knew the impact he had on me, but it was tremendous.  He believed in me and that brought out the very best in me.  Mr. Morales, my heart to yours, thank you for the life long memories I still hold dear to my heart.
Wendy Hagmaier 80
Global Moderator

Tustin, CA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 01:37:07 PM »

It is a shame to lose him.  I never had him for a class but I've only heard good things about him.  RIP.
Lynne Harding 71

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 11:25:56 PM »

That is a nice tribute to Mr. Morales Dale. You were lucky to have had someone like him to mentor you. It's nice that you still appreciate his kindness and support.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: