Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

91462 Posts in 6447 Topics- by 1294 Members - Latest Member: Melvin Smith 04
eldoradoalumni.comGeneral CategoryWhere are you now?George Pyne and Chris Baehler from 1969
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: George Pyne and Chris Baehler from 1969  (Read 19591 times)
Charles Thompson 69

Istanbul

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2012, 12:40:36 PM »

Anybody remember George Pyne who played Basketball with Rocky Chisholm and Mark Griggs and others for El Dorado? I believe they were with the team that went all the way to the Orange County finals in 1968 and 1969.

Anyone remember Chris Baehler who played guitar liek Chet Atkins and drove around in either Thunderbirds or Corsairs?

Just wondering what happened to them.
Charles Thompson 69

Istanbul

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 05:03:19 PM »

Hey team.....GREAT RESPONSE!

IT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED....both gentlemen were alumni of El Dorado.
Nobody knows what, where, or why anything is important to keep up with alumni?

Shit!
Tom Corbet 71

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 07:00:46 PM »

If they are important to you....Why didn't you keep up with them? Huh Huh Huh
Wendy Hagmaier 80
Global Moderator

Tustin, CA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 12:33:22 AM »

Have you tried facebook and linkedin?
Lynne Harding 71

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 11:48:32 AM »

Pat, I'm sure if anyone knew their wherabouts they would have responded. After all, you have to remember that we're youngun's compared to you.  Wink LOL  Wendy has a good suggestion.  You could try other places on the internet as well, like Classmates.com.  I hope that you are able to reconnect.

Tom, sometimes life gets in the way and you lose contact.  It doesn't mean you don't care.   Smiley
Lynne Harding 71

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 11:53:58 AM »

I just thought of something, maybe you could name some of the other friends that all of you used to hang around.  It may be that we do know someone else who might be able to get you guys reconnected.  It's worth a try.
Charles Thompson 69

Istanbul

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 08:20:22 AM »

It is very difficult atttemtping to keep in touch with friends when you're the one that went into the service and they stayed home! The El Dorado team was asked if they knew anything about George Pyne and Chris Baehler because they fell out of my sight during my tour with the Marines.

George Pyne was the team leader for Varisty Basketball in 1968 and 1969. He played with Rocky Chisholm, Mark Griggs, and the other high school greats that took the El Dorado team to the playoffs. I was in the Marines when George got sick in 1971. I was away when George got sick and haven't heard about him since.

The last I heard about Chris Baehler: He moved to Yuma, Arizona in 1975 and never got into contact with me.
I tried Facebook and other media...nothing.

FYI:
Rocky Chishlom is a very successful businessman...alive and well in Anaheim Hills.
Lynne Harding 71

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 09:01:03 AM »

My brother-in-law, Larry Mathiesen, was on that basketball team. I'll have my hubby ask him if he knows anything about their whereabouts.  He keeps in contact with more alumni than we do. 

Judy Petalas 69
Global Moderator

Alpine, CA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 01:35:51 PM »

Anybody remember George Pyne who played Basketball with Rocky Chisholm and Mark Griggs and others for El Dorado? I believe they were with the team that went all the way to the Orange County finals in 1968 and 1969.

Anyone remember Chris Baehler who played guitar liek Chet Atkins and drove around in either Thunderbirds or Corsairs?

Just wondering what happened to them.

Pat, I don't remember George or Chris being from class of '69.  I thought I knew everyone from our class but maybe my memory is fading?  I just checked the online yearbook and I guess I do vaguely remember George but not Chris. 

What happened to you on facebook?  I miss seeing all of your pictures! 
Charles Thompson 69

Istanbul

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 09:36:44 AM »

I got off Facebook for several reasons...none of which are important. I'm heading to Yucatan next month for work, then up to Oregon to work up there the month after, then off to France to work there for a while.
Heading to the Czech Republic after that to fix problems...maybe, then possibly to Bangalore, India which would be interesting.
Ed Soto 72

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 06:25:07 PM »

Pat,

I only had a passing acquaintanceship at best with Rocky.  He also ran cross country during my first year at the sport.  I want to say from recollection, that Rocky carried himself with a look & style not terribly far apart from Vanilla Ice...and that's not a put-down. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: