Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

91436 Posts in 6443 Topics- by 1293 Members - Latest Member: Peter Huskisson 75
eldoradoalumni.comGeneral CategoryNostalgiainteresting read, IF you liked the "old" Disneyland
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: interesting read, IF you liked the "old" Disneyland  (Read 26234 times)
Lawanda Price 72

A Valley girl and the Hillbilly????

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »

http://local.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=25050717&gt1=24000

LFS
Bloomfield, MO
Tom Corbet 71

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 03:40:56 PM »

I have not been back since moving to Idaho in 1971...guess I probably would not recognize the place anymore
Lynne Harding 71

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 07:18:19 PM »

I'm not surprised by the changes.  When it opened, it was built on what was happening or what would happen in the future.  It wasn't just fairytale stories.  Change had to happen to keep up with all of the advancements we've made.  Do you remember when polyester was the wave of future clothes? 

My daughter brought her three boys there recently.  It was very expensive and the two older boys, 10 & 11, kept asking when they could leave.  The rides weren't scarey enough.   The 2 year old loved the Magic Kingdom but I doubt he will for long. My other grandkids prefer Knott's & Magic Mtn to Disneyland.

I don't miss the E tickets.  There were never enough of them.  I still have a drawer full of old ticket books and there's not an E ticket in the lot.  LOL
Al Eakle 72

Panama City FL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 05:16:00 AM »

Just saw a story where Disney is raising their admission prices today. I don't know how a family can afford to go there anymore with the current pricing.

It's been about 5 years since I last went to Disneyland. And it was the first visit for me since they opened the California theme park in the old parking lot. Definitely saw some changes since we made our first trip to Disneyland in 1966.

Many of the attractions cited in the article were already gone. One that's gone that I especially like was America the Beautiful.

Al Eakle
Class of 1972
Jolynn Butler 86

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 09:53:12 AM »

Things I miss about Disneyland:
1) Bear Country Jamboree (loved this!)
2) Skyway
3) Original Submarine ride
4) Free Range Charectors
      However I do understand that when you do see them there are tons of security, cuz teenagers think its funny to tackle them.  Disgraceful...but they are a part of the park.

For Disney to raise the price is crazy! But evidentally people are not afraid of paying these prices because the last time I went (3 years ago) the park was crazy busy.
Bonny Alaska 73

Cedar City, UT

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 10:58:25 AM »

I heard they were raising prices too but I never heard what the new prices were going to be.  I would imagine we'll all be making a trip in a couple of years.  Mindy is expecting a little girl around Thanksgiving and we'll have to wait 'til she's old enough to go.  Then, I would imagine Grandma and Grandpa will do what my boss did several years ago...buy a package deal that has a lodging and passes for like 3 days all included for everybody.  It'll set us back quite a bit but it would be worth it for us to all go together and have 3 days to take it all in.  I think I can get some sort of a deal through AAA when the time comes. 
Judy Petalas 69
Global Moderator

Alpine, CA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 12:32:57 PM »

Prices are going up $5.  A regular adult admission will now be $77.  Ridiculous!  And that's not a park-hopper pass...it's just for Disneyland.

At least they let you take any of your own food and drinks into Disneyland.  Some places don't. 

Jo, Country Bear Jamboree is gone (one of mine and Den's old favs).  I would've loved for the boys to see it.  They put a dumb Winnie the Pooh ride in it's place.  The Skyway is also gone and the Submarines now have the Finding Nemo theme. 

If you can afford it, it's still a wonderful place to take kids.  My grandsons sure loved it!! 
Lawanda Price 72

A Valley girl and the Hillbilly????

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 07:03:38 PM »

My daughter took her kids there in July (the Great Grandma paid the fee), and the kids loved it.  My daughter said that the lines were crazy, and that they got stuck on "its a small world"  even the granddaughter got sick of the song.  I know she will be humming it in her sleep for years  HAHA!! 

My brother still buys the annual pass.  IF you live out there it is MUCH cheeper than daily tickets for sure.  They can park hop also with their annual passes.

LFS
Bloomfield, MO
Tom Corbet 71

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 03:35:19 AM »

if admission is $77 how much is an annual pass Huh
Lynne Harding 71

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 03:52:02 AM »

I know it was probably a rhetorical question but the range from $189.00 to $498.00 per person depending on how many days you want available to use. 

My grandkids are thrill seekers, so the rides at Disney aren't scarey enough.  I still live the park, even with the changes.  Has anyone seen the new water lights?  I hear it's awesome these days.  I thought the old ones were spectacular so I'd sure like to go see the new and improved version.
Jolynn Butler 86

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 09:49:30 AM »

I love Winnie the Pooh!....but I will never forget getting to see Bear Country Jamboree!

I believe that my next vacation will be to go to the Sequoia's...but who can go to California without going to Disneyland?? 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: