Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

91494 Posts in 6448 Topics- by 1297 Members - Latest Member: Kris Capraro 69
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Holiday Wishes....  (Read 6114 times)
Ronn Siodla 70

Calimesa, CA

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2008, 09:41:57 AM »

Just wanted to wish all of you a safe and happy holiday season.  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Bonny Alaska 73

Cedar City, UT

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 10:37:21 AM »

Thank you Ronald.  Right back atcha!  I've pretty much got my shopping done so I can enjoy the season.  I also get to take the week between Christmas and New Years off every year and that makes it easy to spend some extra time with my family.  Anybody got any fun plans for the holidays?
Liz Martin 74
Super Freaky
Global Moderator

I'm too sexy for my pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 01:51:33 PM »

Anybody got any fun plans for the holidays?

Well...since you asked.  Yes...When both of our divorces are final, Madonna and I are gonna tie the knot and have a civil union on New Year's Eve.  We're hoping we can have the ceremony at Connie's house.   Cool

Lynne Harding 71

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 08:00:29 PM »

Holidays?  Bonny, how did you get all of your shopping done already?  I still don't have complete lists from the grandkids.  LOL 

Ronn, why so early?  We hope to see you more on this board before the holidays.  In case we don't...hope your's are great.

Liz, hope you're planning on inviting all of us to Connie's.  I'm sure she'd love to have EVERYONE.  You're not trying to tell us something, are you?
Liz Martin 74
Super Freaky
Global Moderator

I'm too sexy for my pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 09:50:28 PM »

You're not trying to tell us something, are you?

Yes...I'm a lesbian and Madonna is my lover and I should be allowed to "marry" her if I want.

Jolynn Butler 86

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 07:38:54 AM »

Yes...I'm a lesbian and Madonna is my lover and I should be allowed to "marry" her if I want.

Can I write your vows? Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 02:31:31 PM by Jolynn Butler 86 » Logged
Connie Boden 73
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 01:55:48 PM »

Well...since you asked.  Yes...When both of our divorces are final, Madonna and I are gonna tie the knot and have a civil union on New Year's Eve.  We're hoping we can have the ceremony at Connie's house.   Cool

Hi Liz,

You & Madonna are welcome to have the ceremony at my house; Oregon recognizes Domestic Partnerships. Party on!  Grin

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
     - Carl Bard
Bonny Alaska 73

Cedar City, UT

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 11:22:25 AM »

Holidays?  Bonny, how did you get all of your shopping done already?  I still don't have complete lists from the grandkids.  LOL 

Ronn, why so early?  We hope to see you more on this board before the holidays.  In case we don't...hope your's are great.

Liz, hope you're planning on inviting all of us to Connie's.  I'm sure she'd love to have EVERYONE.  You're not trying to tell us something, are you?

Hi Lynne:

The reason I'm done already is because 1) my grandkids aren't old enough to give me lists.  I just get them what I think they need or will enjoy, 2) I look for things my kids need or want all year round and when I see something I think they'd enjoy, I ask them if they'd like it for Christmas and I get it, (They don't get it 'til Christmas though) 3) I spend the same amount every year on the kids and their families so if they'd like me to get them something, and it's within the amount I spend, they just ask me if I want to get it for them for Christmas and I do and 4) Gordon and I don't get anything for each other for Christmas because we don't usually need anything.  For instance, we just made arrangements to have the insulation in our attick tripled which should save us money on our heating and cooling expenses.  Things like that are a lot better and more useful than something wrapped up under the tree that we may not like or use. 
Lynne Harding 71

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 08:01:12 PM »

Good strategy, Bonny.  However, I shop all year long for everyone, too...unfortunately I'm not very good at saving it for Christmas.  LOL 

The grandkids don't really play with toys anymore, except Sammy, so I get a list and tell them to mark things in order of WANT.  I try to get them something that they really want rather than a bunch of little things that will be played with once and discarded.  Getting the list narrowed down is the hardest part.

We do the same with our kids.  They let us know if there is something that they really want and we try and get it for them.  It's worked out pretty well.

Jeff and I are like you guys.  We don't get each other gifts.  I have my lists now so I'll be getting down to business these next few days, and then a little this and a little that, right up to Christmas.  LOL 
Ronn Siodla 70

Calimesa, CA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 08:19:49 PM »

Not going anywhere....just wanted to be first.  Grin

I like to think of the Holiday season as from November first through December.
It's just a feel-good time of year for me.

Bonny, I just buy everybody cigarettes for Christmas.....and since nobody smokes, it's a gift that lasts and lasts.    Cheesy

Lynne Harding 71

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 11:31:59 PM »

Ronn, well, you were definitely the first to bring up the holidays.  LOL

As you can see, the thread starts out one way and takes twists and turns of it's own.  We have been debating the merits of Prop 8 and that explains Liz and Connie's comments (just in case you were wondering).  If you get a few more posts in you will have two more threads available to you, the debate forum and the pub.  So keep posting.  We're always looking for something to talk about.

Sounds like you take the easy out with your holiday shopping.  Wink LOL
David Mattie 75

San Diego, CA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 11:25:47 AM »

Oh kool a recent post forum, I posted in 75 but it looks kind of quiet!
So Hello to my friends out there!
Lawanda Price 72

A Valley girl and the Hillbilly????

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 03:57:58 AM »

Oh kool a recent post forum, I posted in 75 but it looks kind of quiet!
So Hello to my friends out there!

You need 50 posts to see the fireworks, that is where they all hide  LOL

LFS
Bloomfield, MO
David Mattie 75

San Diego, CA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 01:33:32 PM »

You need 50 posts to see the fireworks, that is where they all hide  LOL

Ohhhhhh! So that's how it works!  Ok when I signed up on this site they gave me
5 free tokens.  How many posts will that get me? How much are the addtional
tokens?
Monica Sarthou 73

Flower Mound, TX

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 02:24:32 PM »

Hi David,
Start a post that will generate a lot of responses to which you can reply.  A couple of those, along with responses to threads started by others, and you will be at 50 and playing in the big kids' pool before you know it.  I am fairly new there myself and it is a lot of fun.  There is even an admonishion to only enter if you can both take it and dish it out, so you know a good time is had by all.  Come on in; the water's fine!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: