Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

91494 Posts in 6448 Topics- by 1297 Members - Latest Member: Kris Capraro 69
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: New School / Old School  (Read 18484 times)
Allison Owens 76

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2006, 05:29:28 PM »

Don't forget Kim Lankford. She was on KNOTTS LANDING for a few seasons.

Lawanda,

That's RIGHT!   Also she was married to Warren Zevon. Notts Landing...that was a LONG LONG time ago Wink  Her younger sister was in my class.  Yikes I'm not sure of her name...we need the yearbooks back so I don't need to dig them up.
Lawanda Price 72

A Valley girl and the Hillbilly????

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2006, 05:33:36 PM »

Lawanda,

That's RIGHT! Also she was married to Warren Zevon. Notts Landing...that was a LONG LONG time ago Wink Her younger sister was in my class. Yikes I'm not sure of her name...we need the yearbooks back so I don't need to dig them up.
I found a web site for Kim and her horse farm.  I have a phone number, but she never responded.  I think it was Rocking Horse ranch out there. 

LFS
Bloomfield, MO
Al Eakle 72

Panama City FL

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2006, 05:38:51 PM »

I think Kim responded to the address thing at a couple of the reunions...she never showed...and listed her address in case of her agent.

Al Eakle
Class of 1972
Laura Arthur 70
Administrator

Dance! Dance! Dance!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2006, 11:03:17 PM »

Ok..well this is the short version...
Regarding seeing "famous people"

Little Ronnie Howard went to our High School. One of my best friends used to live down the street from them. We TP'D their house. (oh I'm sorry Ronnie)

Another time the same girlfriend and I were walking around NBC studios and across the street there used to be an Orange Julius Stand (the old kind) guess who was sitting there? None other than Sonny and Cher. Cher used to be one of my idols and I was too shy to go up to them. DANG...what was I thinking? Speaking of Cher here is another "true" story.

My Grandmother was a waitress for many years. (and a dang good one too) She worked on Sunset Strip at a Copper Penny Coffee Shop. Sonny and Cher used to come in there because it was so cold outside. They were poor at the time and my Grandmother would give them coffee to keep them warm. Another one she used to wait on was "Little Richard" She told me that he was the NICEST man. Go figure!! If you knew my Grandmother this would amaze you...she didn't think ANY MEN WERE NICE....HAHAHAHA

I have more stories but they will have to wait for another time. I'm getting sleepy....... Kiss

"Before Elvis, there was nothing"

John Lennon
Allison Owens 76

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2006, 11:22:10 AM »

Laura,

What a sweet Grandma, giving them food.  Little Richard seems like he'd be "good people".  Still, TPing the Howards house IS funny.  Bob has some cool stories too, it must have been neat living up there with all those stars  Wink
Laura Arthur 70
Administrator

Dance! Dance! Dance!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2006, 09:04:27 PM »

My Grandmother could carry dishes all the way up both of her arms and still serve with a smile. She was amazing! They don't have waitresses like that anymore. My Mom was also a waitress but she used her charm....then of course guess what my first job was? LOL

"Before Elvis, there was nothing"

John Lennon
Danny Dotson 70

Cheese, there I said it.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2006, 10:48:26 AM »

Heavy Machinery Operator?

"Never misunderstand what you thought you misunderstood while presuming you misunderstood what you understanded, understood?. Ynnad Nostod
Connie Huebotter 72

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2006, 10:38:08 PM »

Wow I can't believe we started at EDHS 40 years ago as 7th graders.  How time does have a habit of getting away from us.  Happy Anniversary EDHS.
clp
Lawanda Price 72

A Valley girl and the Hillbilly????

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 04:37:58 AM »

Connie H- IT IS ABOUT TIME you showed up here    HAPPY to see you  Stick around dear friend.

LFS
Bloomfield, MO
Al Eakle 72

Panama City FL

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2006, 05:27:14 AM »

Wow I can't believe we started at EDHS 40 years ago as 7th graders.  How time does have a habit of getting away from us.  Happy Anniversary EDHS. clp

Hard to believe that was 40 years ago. Remember it like it was yesterday!

Al Eakle
Class of 1972
Jill Cook 03

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2007, 10:42:44 AM »

My Grandmother could carry dishes all the way up both of her arms and still serve with a smile. She was amazing! They don't have waitresses like that anymore. My Mom was also a waitress but she used her charm....then of course guess what my first job was? LOL

oh there sure are waitresses like that these days... i'm one of them!! only thing is i can't carry plates up both arms! i can get them all the way up the left (i'm up to four at once) but if i do that to the right i'd DEFINITELY spill :-(

:-D
Jaclyn Irwin 06

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2007, 09:27:14 AM »

I guess 40 years is a long time but edhs still seems young, especially with all  the new renovations.  When I started in 02-03, some of the classrooms showed their age, like the science building with chalk boards and disgusting carpeting.  But now after all the buildings were renovated, edhs has more of an up to date look and feel.  I know it's nothing compared to a brand new school but it feels pretty close to it.
Lynne Harding 71

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 09:37:25 AM »

Jaclyn:  Welcome to the board!  It is nice that we have some of you 'yougins' joining now.   Smiley

Jill:  My son used to wait tables at Dave and Buster's...it amazes me how many dishes they could carry at one time, and over their heads at that!  They used to only let the guys wait tables, but eventually the girls proved they could do it too.
Jill Cook 03

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2007, 03:26:06 PM »

we don't even use trays... give me one and i can seriously rock your world. otherwise, i'm maxed out at five plates at a time (and a pepper grinder and a cheese grater too!) lol.

i only wish that the renovations would have begun when they were supposed to, then i would have been able to enjoy them!! (they were delayed by funding we were told...)

:-D
Donna Snyder 86

Laughlin, NV

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2007, 04:40:45 PM »

Jill:

I remember many (I mean many, LOL) years ago, when I was a waitress at Margaritaville in Newport Beach, I was quite proud of myself when I was able to carry on my shoulder a HUGE platter with up to 5 big plates of Mexican food. It's all about balance, and I learned a lot of balance being in the Colorguard and being a Cheerleader at EDHS! I was proud that I never spilled any food onto my customers!!

Wink Cheesy Roll Eyes

"Put all your Faith in Him and watch Good Things Happen...."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to: