Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

91506 Posts in 6449 Topics- by 1298 Members - Latest Member: Kendell Hamer 00
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: New School / Old School  (Read 18796 times)
John Eakle 78

Currently living in Denver (Parker), Colorado.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 08:47:02 PM »

I went to Wagner Elementary.  I think it was built in the 60's as well.  Anybody know for sure?
Bill Arthur 71
Administrator

Lawndale, CA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 08:34:06 AM »

Wagner opened in the fall of 1963. I was there.

I remember that well, because I was sitting in Mrs McGee's class on November 22, 1963
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 08:36:00 AM by Bill Arthur 71 » Logged
Al Eakle 72

Panama City FL

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 02:35:38 PM »

That's one of those days you'll never forget where you were when it happened.

Al Eakle
Class of 1972
Randi Corless 75

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 04:28:52 PM »

Never... I was only 6 and I remember it well!

Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.
-Martin Luther King Jr.
John Eakle 78

Currently living in Denver (Parker), Colorado.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 05:50:45 PM »

I always feel guilty that I don't remember.  However, I was only three.  I do remember where I was during 911.  I was on a plane.
Allison Owens 76

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 08:41:24 AM »

Bob...

Speaking of Beautiful Downtown Burbank...
I was raised there almost ALL of my childhood. Went to Central Elementary (Now called Walt Disney I believe) went to Jordan Jr High and then Burroughs High School. I had so much fun living in that small town atmosphere (which is pretty much gone now) Hung out at Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake, The Pickwick Drive-in, Cornell Theater and oh so much more....even saw Sonny and Cher sitting at Orange Julius one day across from NBC...of course I am so sorry now that I TP'D Ronnie Howards house. I wish I had been a little nicer to him...(lol) His family lived on the corner of my girlfriends street and I was always over there so one night we decided to get mischievious.

One thing about living close to the studios is that we were unimpressed by fame. Not to say we didn't enjoy it but we were so used to seeing movie sets, filming etc that it became "part" of living in that down.

El Segundo has the same sort of feeling regarding filiming. There is MUCH filming that goes on here. Oh it's like going back in time for me sometimes.

I didn't realize you lived in Burbank for a while.

Laura and Bob,

That must have been fascinating to live so close to the movie industry (if not inside the community).  I was driving with a friend in LA when there were signs for cast and crews....which were cryptic in meaning.  This friend grew up there also and knew what it meant.  Sure enough we went on a smaller street and there was the cast and crew.  Did that go on when you two were kids growing up?  Amazes me that Hollywood is right there yet we see very little.

"being nicer to (Ron Howard)" LMAO...YEAH!  We'd be able to tune into Laura having a camino  Smiley
Bill Arthur 71
Administrator

Lawndale, CA

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 09:44:36 AM »

We see those signs all the time in El Segundo and near LAX. El Segundo is popular with film companies because it's within 25 miles of the studio and they don't have to pay per diem.

In fact I passed by a filming at Dockweiler Beach on the way to work this morning.

That must have been fascinating to live so close to the movie industry (if not inside the community).  I was driving with a friend in LA when there were signs for cast and crews....which were cryptic in meaning.  This friend grew up there also and knew what it meant.  Sure enough we went on a smaller street and there was the cast and crew.  Did that go on when you two were kids growing up?  Amazes me that Hollywood is right there yet we see very little.
Laura Arthur 70
Administrator

Dance! Dance! Dance!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 11:16:50 PM »

Alli...

Yes I was fortunate and I didn't even know it....hahahaha....

Bill is right we see film crew signs all the time in El Segundo. Plus the company I'm presently working for works with tv shows (production companies) so I'm sort of used to the drama...LOL

We have a beautiful High School in El Segundo that is used on many tv shows as well as the movies.

"Before Elvis, there was nothing"

John Lennon
Allison Owens 76

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 08:01:08 AM »

Laura and Bill,

THAT IS SO COOL!  You're aware of these guys and see them.  Who were the celebrity kids in High School?  At EDHS we've had Janet Evans  Wink

What places have you seen filmed for t.v./movie and have seen the work of  Huh
Lawanda Price 72

A Valley girl and the Hillbilly????

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 09:58:22 AM »

Laura and Bill,

THAT IS SO COOL!  You're aware of these guys and see them.  Who were the celebrity kids in High School?  At EDHS we've had Janet Evans  Wink

What places have you seen filmed for t.v./movie and have seen the work of  Huh

Don't forget Kim Lankford.  She was on KNOTTS LANDING for a few seasons.

LFS
Bloomfield, MO
Randi Corless 75

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2006, 01:58:05 PM »

Don't forget Kim Lankford.  She was on KNOTTS LANDING for a few seasons.

Kim Lankford asked my boyfriend at the time (Mike Mone (sp?) to the prom...   Angry

Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.
-Martin Luther King Jr.
Bonny Alaska 73

Cedar City, UT

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 02:03:29 PM »

Yikes!  That's always nice!
Al Eakle 72

Panama City FL

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 03:07:25 PM »

Kim Lankford asked my boyfriend at the time (Mike Mone (sp?) to the prom...   Angry

You aren't holding a grudge against her after all these years are you Randi?? I mean....he could have so no.....LOL

Al Eakle
Class of 1972
Lawanda Price 72

A Valley girl and the Hillbilly????

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 04:01:58 PM »

You aren't holding a grudge against her after all these years are you Randi?? I mean....he could have so no.....LOL
Damn you are in a mean streak tonight    LOL

LFS
Bloomfield, MO
Al Eakle 72

Panama City FL

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 04:02:49 PM »

LOL....how is that being mean?

Al Eakle
Class of 1972
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print