Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

91495 Posts in 6448 Topics- by 1297 Members - Latest Member: Kris Capraro 69
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: 75 check-in  (Read 27312 times)
Thomas Hines 75

Vancouver BC Canada

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2009, 08:08:11 PM »

hi all. just though i would add my name to those all ready here. I live in Vancouver BC, Canada now. no I am not a Canadian now- I am working on getting duel citizenship. I just love it up here and the weather has been wonderful on my asthma.haven't had a lick of trouble since i got up here even when i picked up a cold it was easier.I am working for Goodyear Tire as a foreman of a shop up here. i just love it and my boss is second to none. sure is nice not to worry about going to the doctors to-its all free so to say. the taxes up here would scare you to death. it averages 15 percent at stores and 40 percent out of your pay check but at least you see where the monies are going. the cities and towns are kept spotless. there are parks everywhere and ton of activities to keep you busy. the Canadian life style is much more physical than down in the states. everybody works out or has some sport they are into.plus the food up here is very strictly inspected so it just tastes different. but I do have to warn you. it is frigging expensive to live in Vancouver and most of BC. no wonder i get paid much much more up here. the starting wage for a counter person at Mc Donald's is around 14.00 an hour. how is that for minimum wage and there is a big problem with finding workers. I wasn't here a week and 15-20 job offers. its nuts when it comes to that. good employees make a very good income and your bosses work to keep you happy because its so hard to find good help. so if any of you are headed my way for vacation or what ever look me up, i would be happy to show you around
 Tom Hines 75

I keep using the escape key but I am still here
Dale Hoebel 75
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »

Dang, we all went and got older again?  Does it ever stop?

dale
Douglas Curtis 70

Living the Dream!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2009, 06:12:34 AM »

No, but perhaps it slows a bit in Vancouver.  Maybe Thomas can help us sneak north across the border so we can take jobs the locals don't want, and send money back home.
Joan Shattuck 75

Rockwall,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2009, 07:02:32 PM »

Hi, I haven't been on here in a while, got caught up with facebook but it's been fun looking at all the posts and stories here.  Dave are you still out there?  I'm coming out to Cal in the spring and would like to try to get together again.  I'll make it happen, I promise!!
Vicci Gambill 75

Riverside, CA

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2010, 10:33:42 PM »

Hi Dale and all other 75ers,
So good to hear from everyone!  I saw lots of you at the 30th reunion and then Vicci Gambill had a 50th birthday party in April, which I attended.  It was so much fun!  She did a 70's theme and everyone dressed up.  Todd and Deanne Kirschner and Kim Hilliard were the best.  They did the afro hair, polyester pants, Farah (?) hair, the whole bit.  Glen Alterman was there as well as Jami Buchanan, Diane Manwill, Marissa de Jesus, Robin Dryer, me, and Vicci of course, being the guest of honor.  We had a great time and found out that we can still put on a party that gets busted.  That's right, a bunch of 50 year olds can still get it done!!  The cops were very surprised when they saw how old we were and our excuse for the music being so loud was that we are losing our hearing. Our only issue was trying to keep Diane in control when she started yelling "Pig, Pig!"

I'm doing well, still living outside of Dallas, Tx, since 81.  Married to my same man, John for 29 years.  Our kids are 27 and 25.  Our son went to Texas A&M (Gig em Aggies!), got a degree in finance and decided he liked college sooo much that he wanted to go to law school (I think he just didn't want to get into the REAL world yet).  He went to Texas Tech in Lubbock for law school, met his future bride there and is now a real estate/land development attorney for a firm here in Dallas.  He got married in November of last year, and we just love her.  She is an attorney in Dallas also.  Our daughter went to Texas Tech and received her BS in nursing.  She worked in Lubbock for a year and just moved back to our area in May.  She is a labor and delivery nurse in Arlington, and I just love having her back here.

I would love to get a large group up for a reunion in the next year or so.  How about combining 74, 75 and 76?  Any thoughts?  It is so great to get back with old friends.  They are the best.  It is great having those "what were we thinking?" conversations and laughing till you cry.  Hope I didn't bore y'all (remember, I've lived in Texas for a long time) to death and I hope to hear from you!
Joan

Vicci Gambill 75

Riverside, CA

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2010, 10:37:14 PM »

Hey Dale,  How have you been?  Are you still reading these. I see Joan posted 2 years ago so maybe I am writing to a big black hole.  I would love to hear from you.  How is your sister?  Let me know if you happen to see this. 

Hey Joan, What a crack up.  I just read your post about the party as if it was yesterday and indeed it was yesterday when you wrote it. Doesn't seem possible that it has been almost 3 years now.  I am sounding like my grandma now.  Smiley  Love you Honey.   Smiley   ooxoxooxoxo   Vicci
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to: