Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

91494 Posts in 6448 Topics- by 1297 Members - Latest Member: Kris Capraro 69
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: 75 check-in  (Read 27294 times)
Dale Hoebel 75
« on: October 21, 2006, 02:28:53 PM »

Might as well start somehere.
Janeen Nissen 75

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 04:36:52 PM »

Hi Dale

Funny to see your name here, because your name came up at our house just the other night----

We were watching Friday Night Lights with our 20year old son.  There's a scene where a young man gets arrested during football practice.  Tedd (Tedd Davis 75) says something like that happened during a practice at EDHS back in our day. It might have been a pretty bad day for that guy but looking back on it, it represents the crazy times we all had in the 70's.

Do you remember anything like that?

Still a California Flower Child
Karla Martin 75

Durham, CA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 10:46:10 AM »

Ok, I'll take the bait!  Doesn't appear to be to many 75'ers out there. 

I live in Durham (northern CA) with my fiance and have been up here for 15 years.  I love having 4 seasons and living in the country on 5 acres.   For a hobby we grow onions, tomatoes and garlic which we sell at a stand in front of our house.   We also have 2 dogs, 5 pet cats and 6 barn cats.   We do not have mice, rats or gophers. 
I've turned into a true country girl!

I still visit Placentia a few times a year since my Mom and 2 brothers still live in the area.  It changes every time I go down there, but what doesn't.

I hope more of you from the class of 75 step up and tell us where you are.

Happy Holidays
Lori Tighe 81

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 09:54:42 AM »

Hi Karla -
You don't know me, but I graduated from ElDorado in 81'.  I was reading your post and you said you lived in Durham (No. Calif) - are you speaking of the Durham just outside of Chico??  If so, then I belive you are the closest Hawk living to me....I live in Colusa and so does my sister (Class of 76' - Teri Tighe) - What a small world!  I have been in Colusa since 1989 and I love Northern California!  Just wanted to say hi to a fellow hawk in No. Calif.

Have a terrific holiday!

Lori~
Maryann Kermer 75

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 01:44:16 PM »

OK, here's another 75er checking in.  I'm in Salem, Mass. 

Maryann 75
Judy Petalas 69
Global Moderator

Alpine, CA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 01:58:51 PM »

OK, here's another 75er checking in.  I'm in Salem, Mass. 

Maryann 75

Maryann,

I'll bet it's COLD in Salem!  Is there a lot of snow right now?

I was born in Newburyport, MA.  We only lived there until I was 11 months old, but I've been back there 4 times over the years.  It's such a beautiful state! 

My father's side of the family is from Fitchburg and Boston so we got to see quite a bit of Mass while driving to different relative's houses during our trips there.  I'd love to live there but can't take that much cold and really hated the mosquitos in the summer!   Shocked
Maryann Kermer 75

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »

Hi Judi,

I've lived in the Chicago area most of my life and this stint in Salem is only for a year.  The area IS beautiful and so historic.  We've been to Newburyport while exploring the area.  Very pretty area.  Our time here is nearing a close and we are extremely excited to be moving back "home" to Seneca, 70 miles southwest of Chicago in a couple of months.  GO BEARS!!  I've gotten used to the cold over the years and actually Salem's winter is a little WARMER than Chicago (the ocean keeps the area warmer in the fall/winter but cooler in the spring).  We have NO snow right now (only .5 inches so far this winter), a mild winter so far.

Maryann
Janeen Nissen 75

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 05:28:55 PM »

Hello to all you class of 75 folks

Tedd and I  (Tedd Davis 75) are now living in Seattle WA.  It really does rain all the time.  Just moved here last July because Tedd got a job with Microsoft. Prior to that we lived in Colorado for about 12 years and San Diego for 14 or so.

Tedd actually got a chance to visit OC last week. An old family friend teaches English and coaches tennis at EDHS so he had Tedd come in and speak to a couple classes.  While there, he ran into Mr Sweet whose head of the athetic dept or something.  Ended up going out and meeting several of the old coaches including Mel Morales.   He looks incredible.  More fit than most of his old students.

So it was a trip down memory lane for TD.

Still a California Flower Child
Karla Martin 75

Durham, CA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 11:20:52 AM »

Hi Lori,

Yeah, I'm here in Durham about 30 miles north of you.  You are right, there are not many Hawks up this way. I hope you are enjoying this wonderful weather.  Yesterday I noticed that the almond orchards were starting to blossom around town.  It is so pretty with miles of pink flowers. 

Karla 75

Diana Mayes 75

Tustin, CA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 05:11:52 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Lots of familiar names. Funny, I watched a movie a few nights ago (Dazed and Confused) and it brought back memories of the 70's and high school, so thought I would check back in. Still live in Orange County (Tustin), and just celebrated my 20th anniversary with my husband, another El Dorado graduate (Tim Chambers). We have 2 great kids and life is pretty good. Our son is headed back home in a few weeks after 16 months in Afghansitan, so we are pretty excited about that and planning a party to welcome him home.
Lawanda Price 72

A Valley girl and the Hillbilly????

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 04:51:19 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Lots of familiar names. Funny, I watched a movie a few nights ago (Dazed and Confused) and it brought back memories of the 70's and high school, so thought I would check back in. Still live in Orange County (Tustin), and just celebrated my 20th anniversary with my husband, another El Dorado graduate (Tim Chambers). We have 2 great kids and life is pretty good. Our son is headed back home in a few weeks after 16 months in Afghansitan, so we are pretty excited about that and planning a party to welcome him home.
MAKE SURE YOU MAKE IT TO THE PICNIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    ALL OF YOU 75ers

LFS
Bloomfield, MO
Dale Hoebel 75
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 08:17:07 PM »

Hi Dale

Funny to see your name here, because your name came up at our house just the other night----

We were watching Friday Night Lights with our 20year old son.  There's a scene where a young man gets arrested during football practice.  Tedd (Tedd Davis 75) says something like that happened during a practice at EDHS back in our day. It might have been a pretty bad day for that guy but looking back on it, it represents the crazy times we all had in the 70's.

Do you remember anything like that?

Must have been me!
David Rosser 75

Granada Hills, CA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 12:22:36 AM »

Hey Maryann & Janeen:

Never thought I'd say this to a high school classmate, but I have a 20-year old son, too.  Maryann- you played flute, right?  Janeen- banners?  That's all I've got. 

How are you both?

Dave
Maryann Kermer 75

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 07:45:23 PM »

Hi Dave,

Good to hear from you.  We missed you at the 30th reunion.  We had a number of "bandos" there (Louise Hlavac, Jean Schwartzkopf, Willie Winnick, Ted Lukowski, Glenn Alterman, to name a few).  I was a clarinet player, like yourself. We moved to the Chicago area before senior year so I didn't get to graduate with you guys.  After a few years of moving around (St. Thomas, VI, Salem, Mass) we are back "home" in Illinois and enjoying life.  I hope things are good with you.

Maryann
Joan Shattuck 75

Rockwall,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 04:36:11 PM »

Hi Dale and all other 75ers,
So good to hear from everyone!  I saw lots of you at the 30th reunion and then Vicci Gambill had a 50th birthday party in April, which I attended.  It was so much fun!  She did a 70's theme and everyone dressed up.  Todd and Deanne Kirschner and Kim Hilliard were the best.  They did the afro hair, polyester pants, Farah (?) hair, the whole bit.  Glen Alterman was there as well as Jami Buchanan, Diane Manwill, Marissa de Jesus, Robin Dryer, me, and Vicci of course, being the guest of honor.  We had a great time and found out that we can still put on a party that gets busted.  That's right, a bunch of 50 year olds can still get it done!!  The cops were very surprised when they saw how old we were and our excuse for the music being so loud was that we are losing our hearing. Our only issue was trying to keep Diane in control when she started yelling "Pig, Pig!"

I'm doing well, still living outside of Dallas, Tx, since 81.  Married to my same man, John for 29 years.  Our kids are 27 and 25.  Our son went to Texas A&M (Gig em Aggies!), got a degree in finance and decided he liked college sooo much that he wanted to go to law school (I think he just didn't want to get into the REAL world yet).  He went to Texas Tech in Lubbock for law school, met his future bride there and is now a real estate/land development attorney for a firm here in Dallas.  He got married in November of last year, and we just love her.  She is an attorney in Dallas also.  Our daughter went to Texas Tech and received her BS in nursing.  She worked in Lubbock for a year and just moved back to our area in May.  She is a labor and delivery nurse in Arlington, and I just love having her back here.

I would love to get a large group up for a reunion in the next year or so.  How about combining 74, 75 and 76?  Any thoughts?  It is so great to get back with old friends.  They are the best.  It is great having those "what were we thinking?" conversations and laughing till you cry.  Hope I didn't bore y'all (remember, I've lived in Texas for a long time) to death and I hope to hear from you!
Joan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Print
Jump to: