Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

91438 Posts in 6443 Topics- by 1293 Members - Latest Member: Peter Huskisson 75
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Author Topic: Class of 1981  (Read 20754 times)
Carey Liera 81

Lake Havasu Az.

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2007, 09:04:19 PM »

Any body there/here Huh I think we missed another reunion Huh??
Hope everyone is well...jeeze were getting old.....lol.....
I'm still in Havasu......you?
Lori Tighe 81

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 02:44:56 PM »

Hi Carey -
Good to see you're still around....Hope you have a wonderful Holiday season.
My folks are down in Parker right now....they spend their winters down there...golfing....
Take care - Tell Jodi I said hello (if you still keep in touch with her)...

Lori~
Carey Liera 81

Lake Havasu Az.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 08:33:38 PM »

Hey Lori, kinda lost touch with jody.....Jeanine can't get her to reply, maybe too busy Huh??
I love to play golf in parker, great course...
Lifes good , when you coming to Havasu, love to see ya....c
Lori Tighe 81

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 10:50:45 AM »

Hi Carey -

I probably won't make it to Parker this year - We're heading off to Cancun after the Holidays....maybe next year though!!  Does Jodi have an e-mail address??  I'd love to try and see if I could connect with her again....How is the rest of your family (wife, kids, your sister (paula)).....My son is 22 and in his senior year of college - He will be continuing on to Law School after this year...My daughter is 12 and in the 7th grade.  Boys are way easier than girls to raise!!  My daughter and her friends can create soooo much drama that sometimes I just can't bear to hearit!!  However, she is smart, kind and an athlete....I love to watch her play sports...her favorite is soccer...she excels in this sport...but she also loves basketball and softball....so we are busy year round with one sport or another....

Hope your holdiays are full of family, fun and laughter.  Keep in touch and let me know if you have an e-mail address for Jodi.

Take care -

Lori~
Shelly Jayne 81

Lake Forest, CA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 12:13:01 AM »

Hey Carey,

You haven't missed any reunions but I'm planning to start compiling a list of everyones current email addresses so in 2011 we will have lots of people at our 30th Reunion.  Funny, I just saw Ken Clark this weekend and he said he stopped in to see your parents. 

I hope all is well.

Shelly
Kathy Constantine 81

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 10:55:51 PM »

Hi Carey, Lori and Shelly,

Good to see some '81 people on the site.  I check in every so often but don't usually write.  Shelly, glad to hear you are looking into a 30th for us.  How the heck did we get old enough to have a 30th reunion?

Our family is doing well here in Hawaii.  We have been here 9 years and it feels like home.  We went back to Placentia for Christmas and had a great time with my parents, sisters and their families.  However, we froze.  I packed shorts, sandles and short sleeved shirts.  My mom was wondering what in the world I was thinking.

I am in my 4th year of teaching kindergarten at Punahou School (our claim to fame is that Barak Obama is a grad).  It is a lot of fun hanging out with 5 and 6 year olds all day.  They are a joy.

Would love to hear how you are.

Aloha,

Kathy
Angie Zarow 81

Yorba Linda

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 06:20:46 PM »

Kathy and Carey:

Not even sure you remember me.  Boy your names sure are a blast from the past for me. It is great to hear you are both doing well.  I stayed local, now in Yorba Linda. Been here for 20 some odd years.  Do either of you keep in touch with anyone from school?  I have to admit I did not.  I run into Kris Matyuch (sp?) every few years. But that's about it. 

Please post about your families.  I would love to read about it. 

xxxooo
angie
Kathy Constantine 81

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 01:41:26 AM »

Hi Angie,

Good to hear from you. Smiley  Yorba Linda is a lovely place.  We go back to So Cal about once a  year.  What do you do in Yorba Linda?  Do you have a family?  Work?  Fun hobbies?

Our family has been in Hawaii for 9 years.  We really love it here.  We spend a lot of time in the water.  I am a kindergarten teacher and I love it!  We have 2 daughters who are a lot of fun.

Life is good. 

Take care.

Kathleen
(Kathy)
Angie Zarow 81

Yorba Linda

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 08:39:55 PM »

Hey Kathy,

Thanks for posting. I have been married for 24 years.  I have one daughter who just graduated from Esperanza High School and will be attending Cal Poly Pomona in the fall for engineering.  I work in the contracts dept at Beckman Coulter in Brea. Really glad I don't have to travel w/ the way gas prices are.  I have been there a long time and they have been good to me.   

As far as hobbies, I took up running in 1999 on a dare to run a 5k, and it took off from there. I love to scrapbook, but like anything else in our busy lives, I don't have as much time as I would like to do it.   

So what about you?  How did you get interested in teaching kindergarten? Is your entire family in Hawaii? Mom and dad too?  Married? What prompted you to move there? Do you talk to any of the old gang?

xxxooo
angie
Darla Creswell 81
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 09:24:28 PM »

angie zarow?  angie?   Smiley  didn't you go to the river with me and my family way back when? 
Alexandra Dutzi 81

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 09:33:31 PM »

Wow, I checked in at the right time. 
What are all you guys up to?!
Angie Zarow 81

Yorba Linda

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 12:07:30 PM »

Darla:  Was that the Salton Sea trip or am I thinking of another time? You may need to refresh my memory, it was just a few years ago  Cheesy.  What are you doing with yourself these days?  Work? Family?

Have a great Independence Day!

xxxooo
angie
Darla Creswell 81
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 03:59:25 PM »

angie,
it was either parker, needles or havasu.  those are the places we used to go when i was growing up.  but i'm pretty sure it was parker.  boy, the river sure has changed from back then.  i don't think you could pay me enough to go there now... Tongue
Angie Zarow 81

Yorba Linda

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 04:12:24 PM »

Darla,

Wow, I do remember a trip, I haven't been there in sometime.  My family has spent a lot of time at high desert over the years.  It too has changed quite a bit.

xxxooo
angie
Denee Lemmel 83

Lake Havasu City, AZ

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »

angie,
it was either parker, needles or havasu.  those are the places we used to go when i was growing up.  but i'm pretty sure it was parker.  boy, the river sure has changed from back then.  i don't think you could pay me enough to go there now... Tongue

I have to take offense to that!  I live in Havasu. There is no place I would rather live.

Denee
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print
Jump to: