Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

91506 Posts in 6449 Topics- by 1298 Members - Latest Member: Kendell Hamer 00
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Class of 72  (Read 16066 times)
Ed Soto 72

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 09:59:48 PM »

Gosh,

What a nice mini congregation going on here...just basking in the warm '72 fuzzies.

Don't you just miss that simpler time of our life? 

Ed  Smiley
Diana Gresham 72

Sandpoint, ID

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 04:53:12 PM »

Actually Ed,
I am enjoying a simpler time of life right now.  Downsizing the real estate, kids have flown the nest, new job that isn't stressful.  Life is good!
Simple is good! 
I think the reason I love visiting with my '72 friends, is that they pulled me through those tough teenage years!!!  The friendships were/are the best!  Especially the ones that have lasted so many years.  We all speak a common language and have the capability to lift each other up!  Basking in the warm '72 fuzzies is great!
d
Ed Soto 72

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 07:45:41 PM »

Diana,

I like your style... Indeed, there's something to be said for the elegance of simplicity.  And spells of peaceful tranquility isn't so bad either.  I can imagine just how serene it must be up your way in big sky country.  That can't help but bolster one's sense of wellbeing too.  Sure beats the 4 hr round-trip I crawl on the 91 Fwy!  Cindy reminds me that we gotta get outta here.  Perhaps within a half decade we might relocate to the hill country of Texas...who knows.

Lady D, hope your Easter weekend is filled with joy & levity,

Ed  Smiley
Cathy Harding 72

Panama City, FL.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 10:44:18 AM »

I think the reason I love visiting with my '72 friends, is that they pulled me through those tough teenage years!!!  The friendships were/are the best!  Especially the ones that have lasted so many years.  We all speak a common language and have the capability to lift each other up!  Basking in the warm '72 fuzzies is great!

Diane, 

Welcome!  You are absolutely right about 72 friends.  We were all very
lucky to have each other as friends back then, It is just a good feeling to be
able to come back after all these years and really enjoy one another.  Ever since
I have been on the alumni sight, I have come back and been able to get the enjoyment of talking with all the great people we had in our class.  I am glad to
see you back!  Smiley
Diana Gresham 72

Sandpoint, ID

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 04:58:44 PM »

Ed, you and Cindy have got to get away some day and see my neck o' the woods!
I can't believe you have a 4 hr commute!!! Yikes!

Cathy, it's great reconnecting with you and our small group of 72 gang that hangs out on the website.  I have enjoyed getting to know our classmates as adults, not just as the kids we remembered back then.

Thanks for the Easter well wishes!  All of you have the same.  TGIF and I'm going home!
d
Al Eakle 72

Panama City FL

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 12:44:55 PM »

Thought I post something to keep this thread alive.

Ed...did you ever get ahold of Karen....don't think I've seen her online.

Al Eakle
Class of 1972
Diana Gresham 72

Sandpoint, ID

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 01:10:08 PM »

Hello Cherished Friends and Classmates!
I am still alive and well, but a bit tired of digging out of the snow drifts this winter! Yikes!  Two years in a row, more snow than I would hope for!
I just spent the week before Christmas visiting my mom in Placentia.  I will probably be doing it more often this year as the folks are requiring a bit more assistance these days...This trip afforded me little time to contact alumni, but would love to find out if and when there are any get-togethers in the OC and will plan some future visits around them in 2009.
Now that the big election is over with, I might have some time to spend perusing the message board a bit more.  My job as county elections clerk was crazy last year!

Al Eakle 72

Panama City FL

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »

Hi Diana and classmates

Glad things have settled down for you Diana as they will be getting rather hectic for Cathy and I as the end of the month nears. I'm starting a new job Feb 1, going back to work for my Air Force as a civilian and we'll be moving to Panama City, Florida. I know Cathy and her daughter Mallory are excited about the move, going to a warmer climate and living near the Gulf and beaches. We've been looking at rental houses there via the internet, and all of our top picks are within walking distance of the beach.

We were back in Placentia in June for Cathy's son Billy graduation from EDHS. I've essentially been "gone" since our own graduation, and always amazed at the changes every time I go back. Seems I'm always saying, "remember when such-in-such was there!"

We'll make a trip back sometime this year, just not sure if it will be during the summer, or the Christmas holidays. Just have to wait and see.

Al

Al Eakle
Class of 1972
Diana Gresham 72

Sandpoint, ID

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 01:39:27 PM »

Allen,
Congrats on the new job! and I envy the fact that you will be living near a beach!  Right now I would love some sand between my toes and sun on my face...
I wish the best for you and Cathy in your new endeavors and safe travels. Take care and have a wonderful 2009!
diana
Al Eakle 72

Panama City FL

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 01:42:14 PM »

Diana

While we haven't had much snow, we've had winter temperatures since early Nov. I know Cathy's had enough, and quite frankly, so have I! I'm ready for warm weather, and sand between my toes LOL

Al

Al Eakle
Class of 1972
Lawanda Price 72

A Valley girl and the Hillbilly????

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 02:56:12 PM »

Diana

While we haven't had much snow, we've had winter temperatures since early Nov. I know Cathy's had enough, and quite frankly, so have I! I'm ready for warm weather, and sand between my toes LOL

Al

AND NO ICE!!!!

LFS
Bloomfield, MO
Lynne Harding 71

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 10:18:31 PM »

I'll lay odds that those little pesky hurricanes didn't enter either of their minds when thinking about being in the warmer climate again.  LOL 
Al Eakle 72

Panama City FL

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2009, 03:04:19 AM »

I'll lay odds that those little pesky hurricanes didn't enter either of their minds when thinking about being in the warmer climate again.  LOL 

Actually they did. But regardless of where you live there's always some weather issue to deal with, like earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, fire, etc.

Al Eakle
Class of 1972
Bonny Alaska 73

Cedar City, UT

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 10:30:37 AM »

Al:

Good luck to you guys.  I'm so happy for you.  Seems like this winter has been a pretty cold one again.  I'm starting to think that my daughter and son-in-law have something to do with it.  Every time they get piglets to raise, the winter is terribly cold.  This is the second time it's happened.  They had them winter before last and again this winter, and they've both been awful.  They get stuff from the dairy to feed them along with rolled corn and standing out there in the freezing cold, prying those cartons open is awful!  They are the ones that have to deal with it most of the time, but when they're out of town, it's me.  Sure do enjoy those home grown pork chops though!
Lynne Harding 71

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 11:36:06 AM »

Oooohhhh...Bonnie!  If I raised animals that we eat, I would definitely be a vegetarian. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to: