Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

91438 Posts in 6443 Topics- by 1293 Members - Latest Member: Peter Huskisson 75
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What is everyone up to?  (Read 2645 times)
Mary Torkelson 98

living back in Placentia =)

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2007, 01:08:26 PM »

I figured there have been a ton of people from the class of '97 and '98 signing up lately, and I would love to hear what you all have been up to.  I was friends with many of you who signed up, and didn't know some others... but either way, if you graduated between 90-99, post something on here.  Makes it easier for your friends to find you if they happen to come on here as well.  Also, since I have 2 older brothers Bruce Torkelson (class of 90), and Brian Torkelson (class of 94) I remember a ton of names, because of their friends.  Smiley

I am currently living in Canoga Park, CA (about an hour NW of Placentia)  Travis and I are expecting our second child June 7, 2007.  It's going to be a boy.  Our daughter is now 8 years old, and in the 3rd grade!  Smiley  Boy time flys!!  We are looking at selling our house this summer and moving up to Oregon near Beaverton (close to Portland)  This part should be fun, since I am pregnant, and will need to make sure the house gets and stays ready to show come this March.

What has everyone else been up to since high school?  Where are you living now?  Any kids?  New spouse?
Connie Boden 73
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 06:21:58 PM »

Mary,

I was at the bank today, and when the teller pulled up my account it apparently showed that the account was originally opened in California. So, he asks me, "Where in California are you from?" I say, "Orange County, why?" And he says, "Where in Orange County?" So I say, "Placentia," knowing full well that NOBODY knows where Placentia, California is. Well, he gets this funny look on his face and says, "No way?! I just moved up here from Placentia!" Small world, eh?

Anyway, his name is John, but I forgot to get his last name. Yes, he went to El Dorado, and he graduated in '99. I knew that was very close to your class, but at the time, I couldn't think of YOUR last name! We talked for several minutes, and then I gave him the address to this web site. I'll be watching the new members for a "John" from Class of '99. The only other thing I know about him is that he was the Drum Major his Senior year. Anybody know who this might be?

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
     - Carl Bard
Mary Torkelson 98

living back in Placentia =)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 12:55:17 PM »

Connie,
How funny that must have been.  It is a small world.  The other day, Travis called our loan company to ask a question...  the person he was talking to said, Wow, your from Canoga Park?  I use to live right around that area, and even worked in Canoga Park.  Then she said how she moved up to Oregon about 20 years ago.  So Travis said how we are planning on moving up to Oregon also.  She asked where, and when he said the Beaverton area, she laughed and said that's where she lives, and that is where the call center is.  What a small world. (It's not as small of a world as finding someone who went to the same high school up in Oregon though.. but still, funny)

I don't know who that "John" is though.  Maybe he will sign up on here.  How funny!  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: